Important Information for Volunteers and Items Needed for Grasso!
1)BAND & GUARD MEMBERS – GET A RIDE TO PRACTICE – if possible do not bring your car to NHS on Saturday – leave it at the Diner so you will have it later that night and get a ride to NHS - Parents, please drive them to practice!
2) VOLUNTEERS - PARK IN THE BACK, or better yet, park at the diner and carpool over to the high school. This is very important. We will have a large crowd, and it is very important that we have enough room for spectator parking. You should drive all the way around the back of the school, and park in the lot that is up above the greenhouse, by the back practice fields. Or, park in the small lot just past the new cafetorium. Again - please carpool - you can leave cars at the park and ride and just bring one car over to the high school, or leave them at the diner... be creative. And please drop your band & guard members off for practice if you can – don’t have them bring a car if possible.
3) PICK UP YOUR VOLUNTEER NAMETAG. You will need this to work at the show. You can pick up your nametag at the admission gate.Unless you have heard differently from your committee leader, you should plan to arrive by 4pm. Our parking committee will be directing all arriving vehicles to the appropriate places that we have designated (bands, pits, staff, judges, honored guests, etc.) and we will be ensuring that all volunteers PARK IN THE BACK.
4) WEAR A SHOW SHIRTif you have one
5) BRING A SMALL FLASHLIGHT to help yourself, as well as any visitors who may need a little extra assistance.
6) Don't forget, we need plenty of BAKED GOODS for the bake sale - generous portions individually packaged for sale for $1. Please label anything that may contain nuts. Items can be dropped off from 2pm onwards.
7) The snack shack will be open with food for sale for volunteers and students just after band practice ends at 4:00 PM.
8) There is a slight chance of rain forecasted for Saturday. We will have the show no matter what. We will make a decision during the day on Saturday if we need to move the show indoors. We have several contingency plans in place, so please remain flexible during the day in the event that we need to change quickly to an indoor performance. We will still need everyone’s help to help make things run smoothly.
9) Everyone is asked to assist with general CLEANUP after the show ends.
10) WELCOME OUR GUESTS! We are appreciative of all who come to Newtown to compete, so please welcome them to Newtown, thank them for coming, and offer a “Have a good show!” to all who you meet on Saturday.
All in all, have fun!! See you on Saturday. Gates open to the public at 5, the show starts promptly at 6.
The Newtown High School Band Parents Corp maintains this blog. Contact us for more information.