We are in desperate need of volunteers for Saturday. If you don't have at least one adult from your family signed up for at least one shift at our Grasso Festival, please take 10 minutes and get signed up right now. It's a lot of fun, and we truly can't get it done without you.
Available Volunteer Slots
50/50 Ticket Sales (Julie Mack)
Air/Candygrams (Kelly Hochstetler)
Ambassador Support & Senior Awards (Rashi Ray)
Backfield (Andrew Paley) Manage bus parking & visiting band logistics in the back of the school.
Breakdown (Steve Schmid) Breakdown and storage of tents, tables, chairs, lights, and electrical cords.
Clean Up Crew (TBD) Clean up in stands and at the top of the stadium.
Food Prep & Serve @ Snack Shack (Laura Taylor)
Food Sales @ Snack Shack (Wendy Merrick)
Judges' Food (Alison Kistner) Ensure that our Judges are well fed and taken care of throughout the event!
Monitors & Runners (Carol Ann Davis) Watching aisles during the show and running score sheets and materials back and forth to Judges.
Parking & Pit Control (Todd Keeping & Mark Farrington) Manage the flow of vehicles into and out of the parking areas throughout the event.
Signs (Noreen Menousek) Put up and take down sandwich board signs & all other signs.
We also need everyone to bring bake sale items on Saturday - items should be packaged individual for $1 sale. Timing will be sent out in an email later in the week.
The Grasso Festival, our annual home show, is this Saturday! We need lots of help, so if you haven't volunteered for anything yet, please consider doing so, even for just a little while. See below for information about volunteering and parking.
Important information regarding program ads for our Grasso Home Show this year.
Important Information for Volunteers and Items Needed for Grasso!
1)BAND & GUARD MEMBERS – GET A RIDE TO PRACTICE – if possible do not bring your car to NHS on Saturday – leave it at the Diner so you will have it later that night and get a ride to NHS - Parents, please drive them to practice!
2) VOLUNTEERS - PARK IN THE BACK, or better yet, park at the diner and carpool over to the high school. This is very important. We will have a large crowd, and it is very important that we have enough room for spectator parking. You should drive all the way around the back of the school, and park in the lot that is up above the greenhouse, by the back practice fields. Or, park in the small lot just past the new cafetorium. Again - please carpool - you can leave cars at the park and ride and just bring one car over to the high school, or leave them at the diner... be creative. And please drop your band & guard members off for practice if you can – don’t have them bring a car if possible.
3) PICK UP YOUR VOLUNTEER NAMETAG. You will need this to work at the show. You can pick up your nametag at the admission gate.Unless you have heard differently from your committee leader, you should plan to arrive by 4pm. Our parking committee will be directing all arriving vehicles to the appropriate places that we have designated (bands, pits, staff, judges, honored guests, etc.) and we will be ensuring that all volunteers PARK IN THE BACK.
4) WEAR A SHOW SHIRTif you have one
5) BRING A SMALL FLASHLIGHT to help yourself, as well as any visitors who may need a little extra assistance.
6) Don't forget, we need plenty of BAKED GOODS for the bake sale - generous portions individually packaged for sale for $1. Please label anything that may contain nuts. Items can be dropped off from 2pm onwards.
7) The snack shack will be open with food for sale for volunteers and students just after band practice ends at 4:00 PM.
8) There is a slight chance of rain forecasted for Saturday. We will have the show no matter what. We will make a decision during the day on Saturday if we need to move the show indoors. We have several contingency plans in place, so please remain flexible during the day in the event that we need to change quickly to an indoor performance. We will still need everyone’s help to help make things run smoothly.
9) Everyone is asked to assist with general CLEANUP after the show ends.
10) WELCOME OUR GUESTS! We are appreciative of all who come to Newtown to compete, so please welcome them to Newtown, thank them for coming, and offer a “Have a good show!” to all who you meet on Saturday.
All in all, have fun!! See you on Saturday. Gates open to the public at 5, the show starts promptly at 6.
MORE VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED!!
The Grasso Festival is a week from Saturday, on October 8th!
**Please do not wait to sign up!**
We need at least one parent from each family to volunteer.
Please click on the following link to sign up…we need many more volunteers in a number of key areas, and we especially need to buddy veteran band parent volunteers (to provide coaching and support), with new band parents (of underclassmen) so we can carry on next year after they leave the program.
Click Here to Volunteer for Grasso 2016!
We need volunteers for:
The email for each committee leader is on the signup website - please contact them if you have any questions.
Remember: As the show is our largest fundraiser, volunteers on the signup form don't pay admission...all others pay cash!!! We need you to sign up at the link above so we know that we have complete coverage!
Also, we will need many donations to the bake sale - to be dropped off on Saturday!!
If you have any questions about the show, please contact:
Scott Reiss, Event Chair
(203) 628-0708 cell
The Newtown High School Band Parents Corp maintains this blog. Contact us for more information.